With 189 tanks installed and 86 plants built around the globe, TGE Gas Engineering GmbH is a global technology leader in the construction of plants for the storage of liquefied gases.
TGE's core business here is the construction of complete terminals, including loading and unloading stations for ships and trucks, as well as process units such as cooling and regasification or reliquefaction plants. In over 40 years of experience in the industry, TGE can look back on a number of milestones. Key to TGE's success are the more than 350 engineers and specialists employed at the main headquarters in Bonn and at several corporate and project sites in Asia and Europe.
Our many years of experience, but above all our excellent team, enable us to be successful and grow worldwide.
In support of our international team in our office in Manchester we are looking for a OFFICE MANAGER / ADMINISTRATOR (F/M/D) - with immediate effect:
- Accounts Assistance - Using Xero software to complete book keeping for the office for presenting to external accountants. Manage cash flow and reconcile bank statements; Raise monthly and quarterly intercompany invoices; prepare employee expense claims. Make monthly payments to suppliers; HMRC; pensions and staff salaries. Year-end analyses of staff expenses for P11D purposes.
- QHSE Assistance - Promote a safe environment for staff/visitors/service staff/property etc. monitor office compliance with UK legislation; revise office/fire risk assessments for management approval and ensure compliance; maintain Manchester Office HSE Procedure; ensure completion of 6 months checklists, emergency lighting tests, PAT electrical testing, fire extinguisher servicing; maintain Fire Safety Log Book and Accident Record Book; contact for landlord’s fire risk assessor inspections.
- Office management / administration - General secretarial assistance as required. Arranging economic travel arrangements as required; including flights/trains; car hire; airport car park bookings; currency. Obtaining Consular/Foreign Office advice; alerting of any special requirements e.g. visa, vaccinations, insurance, visa applications; ensuring risk assessments are completed for site visits prior to travel.
- Reception duties - Receiving general telephone enquiries and follow-up; greeting visitors; arranging taxis, hotels, meeting room management and organizing refreshments; incoming and outgoing mail; urgent courier dispatches; arranging social functions. Manage office stationery and consumables (including refreshments) and arrange economic purchases.
- Office maintenance - Manage the maintenance of the office to ensure the office is clean, well-maintained and furnished; arrange for any necessary works, repairs.
- IT register maintenance -Co-ordinate IT asset repairs/replacement. Liaise with group IT to resolve office IT issues.
- All other tasks to ensure the office operates smoothly and efficiently
because you are / have:
- A good standard of education, preferably including book-keeping.
- At least 2-3 years’ office management/administration experience.
- Good communication skills and telephone manner.
- Computer literacy – good knowledge of MS Office.
- Self-motivations and initiative are essential qualities to identify areas for operational improvement and legal compliance.
- Must be flexible and adaptable, able to work under pressure and prioritise, to deal with a variety of constantly changing tasks/targets with minimum supervision.
This is why we are the right connection...
# Diversity and involvement instead of daily routine
# International, cross-location teamwork
# Individual training opportunities and career development
# Flexible working, paid time off for personal reasons
# Modern working environment in a green location that is easy to reach
# Employer-funded pension plan and accident insurance
# Bridge, custom and flexitime days
# Company doctor, preventive medical checkups, health days
# Canteen allowance, free drinks and fruit
Do we have chemistry?
Then we look forward to receiving your application by e-mail under the reference "Office Manager (m/f/d)_yourname" to firstname.lastname@example.org.