TGE Gas Engineering GmbH (TGE) is one of the world’s leading engineering contractors for projects involving the storage and handling of liquefied gases in the energy and petrochemical/chemical industries. TGE has over 40 years of experience in this field, providing full range of services from concept/feasibility studies through to lump-sum turn-key project execution. All of which as the main partner of our customers. As part of the CIMC Group, TGE provides the best solutions for its customers worldwide.
In support of our international team in our office in Munich, Germany, we are looking for a Civil Structural Design Engineer with immediate effect:
- Perform civil structural design of tanks and other concrete and foundation structures e.g. piles, diaphragm walls, buildings, steel structures and foundations under static and dynamic loading.
- Preparation of structural design deliverable (write ups) for approvals i.e. design calculations, calculation notes, etc.
- Perform concrete tank linear and non-linear FEM calculations (e.g. liquid spill, adjacent tank/valve fire, blast, etc.) with SOFISTIK
- Prepare and check of calculations and MTOs performed within the group.
- Feed and support CAD technicians with translating design calculation results into reinforcement drawings and checking of engineering drawings.
- Execution and/or interpretation of settlement calculations.
- Checking of civil engineering documents and structural design calculations prepared by subcontractors.
- Continuous improvement of the structural design and work processes, interfaces, and design standards.
- Possible duties: Design coordination and management of design subcontractors; provision of technical support for the construction sites; on site advisory (civil works) on tankage project; development to Lead Civil Engineer’s role; assistance to project managers with project scheduling and setting deadlines.
Because you combine the following capabilities:
- Final degree from a technical university in Civil / Structural Engineering (Dipl. Ing; M.Sc.).
- Knowledge and experience in of reinforced concrete structures, structural analysis and design
- Basic understanding of dynamics of structures and earthquake resistance design.
- Profound knowledge in the linear and non-linear design of concrete structures.
- Knowledge of national and international design codes and standards (EN 1992-1, …).
- Industry knowledge in civil engineering, construction sequence and civil construction methods, with minimum 3 years’ experience.
- Experience in MS-Office and typical FEM structural design software tools, in particular SOFISTIK.
- Good business and technical English skills.
- Flexibility for worldwide business trips and assignments abroad ad assignments
We reward and promote your qualification and experience, because we offer you versatile tasks in our interesting and challenging projects with a high degree of personal responsibility, good development prospects, supportive training opportunities, flexible working hours and attractive social benefits. And all this in a corporate culture that is characterized by appreciation and social responsibility. If you are interested in working in our multicultural team with a global exchange among our employees and in a growing market, then we look forward to receiving your complete application documents (max 3 PDF files) stating your earliest starting date and salary expectations, under the reference “Civil Structural Design Engineer (f/m/d)_your name".