SENIOR / PRINCIPAL CIVIL ENGINEER (f/m/d)
With 189 tanks installed and 86 plants built around the globe, TGE Gas Engineering GmbH is a global technology leader in the construction of plants for the storage of liquefied gases.
TGE’s core business here is the construction of complete terminals, including loading and unloading stations for ships and trucks, as well as process units such as cooling and regasification or reliquefaction plants. In over 40 years of experience in the industry, TGE can look back on a number of milestones. Key to TGE’s success are the more than 350 engineers and specialists employed at the main headquarters in Bonn and at several corporate and project sites in Asia and Europe.
Our many years of experience, but above all our excellent team, enable us to be successful and grow worldwide.
In support of our international team in our office in Munich we are looking for a Civil CAD Technician (f/m/d) with immediate effect:
- Support for FEED/Bids package and provide civil MTOs/ABOMs and General Arrangement data for refrigerated liquid gas (RLG) storage tanks
- Sizing of structural concrete elements, especially for concrete tanks.
- Assist project managers / engineers with project scheduling and setting deadlines.
- Evaluate geotechnical, seismic hazard assessment, and quantitative risk analysis reports and dynamic design calculations
- Execution of pre-stressing calculations (tendon elongation), guiding and checking the PT detail and reinforcement drawings
- Prepare civil project specifications and review proposed construction method statements by constructors.
- Perform storage tank linear and non-linear FEM calculations for single load cases, normal and abnormal load cases, such as liquid spill, adjacent tank/valve fire, blast, etc.
- Prepare and check of structural calculations and MTOs performed within the group.
- Lead, feed and support CAD technicians with translating design calculation results into reinforcement drawings and checking of engineering drawings.
- Lead a civil structural design project team and coordinate interfaces and liaise with other disciplines and project participants
- Review and interpret soil, seismic assessment and dynamic soil structure interaction reports prepared by other parties.
- Pre-design of tank foundation concept and advise on soil improvement concepts.
- Execution and / or interpretation of settlement calculations
- Perform and / or interpret of pile foundation calculations considering pile group effect
- Preparation of Structural Design Deliverable (write ups) for approvals i.e. design calculations, calculation notes, etc
- Checking of civil engineering documents and structural design calculations prepared by subcontractors
- Provision of technical support for the construction sites
- Degree in Civil Engineering (Dipl.-Ing.; M.Sc.; Dipl.-Ing. (FH))
- Minimum of 5 years work experience in the oil & gas/construction industry in a similar position
- Experience in design and execution of pre-stressed concrete and reinforced concrete structures
- Understanding of dynamics of structures and earthquake resistance design
- Profound knowledge in the linear and non-linear design of pre-stressed concrete structures
- Knowledge of national and international design codes and standards
- Industry knowledge in civil engineering, construction sequence and civil construction methods
- Experience in MS-Office and typical structural design software tools, in particular SOFISTIK
- Leadership and communication capabilities
- Flexibility for worldwide business and mission trips
- Fluent business and technical English
This is why we are the right connection …
# Diversity and commitment instead of everyday routine
# International, cross-location teamwork
# Individual training opportunities and career development
# Flexible working, paid time off for personal reasons
# Modern working environment in green surroundings with good accessibility
# Employer-funded pension plan and accident insurance
# Bridge, special and flexitime days
# Company doctor, preventive medical checkups, health days
# Free drinks and fruit
Do we have chemistry?
Then we look forward to receiving your application by e-mail under the reference ” Senior / Principal Civil Engineer (m/f/d)_your name” to firstname.lastname@example.org until 26th October 2022.
You can send your application via email or by using the online application form.
Please consider that when sending your application documents by e-mail, the corresponding data transmission is not encrypted. This creates the risk that unauthorized persons may read the content of the e-mail.
However, we also offer you the option of sending us your application documents in encrypted form via the online application form.